The Sober Living Network is a nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting excellence in the operation and management of sober living and other community recovery support resources.
Over 25,000 men and women in Southern California find safety and support in the Network’s quality sober living homes each year. Recent university research has shown sober living to be tremendously effective in promoting long-term recovery from alcoholism and addiction.
These and similar studies suggest that sober living should play a prominent role in publicly supported efforts to combat the social toll of addiction and drug dependency. However sober living is virtually ignored by most governmental sources of funding.
The Sober Living Network provides a range of community services, including:
- Information, training, technical assistance and advocacy for quality sober living homes and community centers;
- Development and promotion of quality assurance standards for sober living homes;
- Management assistance to five Southern California county sober living coalitions, including effective implementation of standards by their members.
- Direct assistance to homes serving at-risk women with young children. (For a description of that program, and an application for assistance, visit the Safe & Healthy Homes program page.)
- The Network is a voice for adequate recognition, respect and legitimacy for community recovery support resources.
- We’re a resource to local and state governmental and administrative bodies on the policy implications of regulations concerning drug and alcohol rehabilitation and treatment, as well as land use and zoning issues that affect the health and viability of community recovery resources.
The Sober Living Network is a nonprofit tax-exempt public benefit corporation that gratefully accepts donations from those who understand the need for long-term recovery supportive housing and other community-based means of addressing the disease of addiction.
The Network is a proud and involved founding member of NARR, the National Alliance for Recovery Residences. NARR is the voice of recovery housing on a national level, and thoroughly reflects the Network’s founding principles. To lean how this impacts sober living in Southern California visit the NARR website.
The Sober Living Network
P.O. Box 5235
Santa Monica, CA 90409